Fairview Health Services Lead Cook/Support Chef in Edina, Minnesota
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others
Come grow with us! Ebenezer recently celebrated our 100th year of service and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
There’s no place like Edina and York Gardens Senior Living is proud to be part of this vibrant community. To many, Edina represents a lifestyle that’s synonymous with gracious living. As Edina’s favorite senior living community, York Gardens is passionate about ensuring that our residents experience the comfortable and tranquil lifestyle for which Edina is known. We offer Assisted Living and Memory care and boast an exceptional and tenured team of caregivers who believe in Ebenezer’s mission to heal, discover, and educate for longer healthier, more meaningful lives.
The Lead Cook/Support Chef is responsible for ensuring that meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and resident expectations. This position offers full time 10 hours shifts, 7:30am - 6:00pm (60 hours PPD / 0.75 FTE) with every other weekend.
Ensuring that meals are served and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and customer expectations
Preparation of meals, line service, clean-up
Assisting Culinary Director with supervision and training of culinary staff
High volume cooking experience in a similar environment required
Scratch cooking experience preferred
One to three years related experience
ServSafe certification preferred, but will assist in obtaining
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living operator with over 100 years of experience serving older adults. As part of Fairview Health Services, Ebenezer is dedicated to healing, discovering and educating for longer, healthier and more meaningful lives.
Why work for Ebenezer? Ebenezer employees work as a team to provide the highest quality care to those we serve. Our employees don’t work simply to collect a paycheck; they truly work to make a difference in the lives of older adults in their communities. Ebenezer has been consistently recognized as a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune. Here are some of the reasons why:
• Amazing Benefits (up to 16 pd. days off a year!) and competitive pay!
• Communities throughout MN and IA – find a location near you!
• When you work for Ebenezer you are treating the whole person: body, mind and spirit
• Whether you’re on the front lines of resident care or supporting the work of your colleagues, your efforts are recognized and valued at Ebenezer
• Work for a company with core values that align with yours. We have a culture of caring for others and are grounded in our values of Dignity, Integrity, Service, Compassion & Innovation
• A wide variety of career options and opportunities for reinvention. Growth potential within Ebenezer and with our Fairview partners
• An emphasis on work/life balance
• Through training and educational programs including tuition reimbursement. We invest in both the personal and professional development of our employees
Our employees represent the best of who we are and what we are about. We’re always looking for individuals who share our commitment of helping older adults make their lives more independent, healthful, meaningful and secure. We hope you will consider joining Team Ebenezer!
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-36334
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date Non-Clinical Support Staff
Community York Gardens Senior Living
Hours per 2 weeks 60
Department Nutrition Services