Fairview Health Services License Mental Health Prof-BHP in Golden Valley, Minnesota
This position performs emergency clinical assessment, brief psychotherapy, provider consultation, and crisis call support
Connect clients and/or families who are in need of care, to additional behavioral services.
This position works with a multidisciplinary team to provide consultation relating to the patient’s next level of care.
The services provided by this position may be performed face-to-face or via tele-health.
The main site for this position with be Behavioral Health Providers in Golden Valley, but will require travel to other locations (Fairview Southdale, Fairview Ridges, UMMC East and West banks, etc.) depending on coverage needs.
The shifts for this position will vary between afternoon and evening hours, depending on coverage needs.
• Provides coordinated care by initiating client centered consultation with internal and external providers involved in care or services. Responsible for obtaining the necessary releases.
• Provides crisis call support and determines appropriate level of care, as needed, for clients.
• Completes a comprehensive behavioral assessment in person or virtually via telehealth to identify patient needs and to recommend a level of care.
• Provides psychotherapy for clients.
• Assesses and completes the DEC (Diagnostic Evaluation Center) assessment form for all crisis patients.
• Determines appropriate disposition, coordinates care, and provides discharge summaries for patients.
• Collaborates with the patient, medical doctor, and family to create a treatment plan based on medical necessity and the patient’s preference for care.
• Provides primary communication to collaborating partners, e.g. Hospital emergency departments, schools, primary care clinics, assisted living, and other treatment providers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of available community resources and procedures for hospitalizations.
• Obtains all necessary documents, information, and signatures from patients in order to complete assessments and coordinate care.
• Conducts risk assessments, de-escalation techniques/suicide prevention, and/or mental status evaluation.
• Promptly and accurately documents patient information, the major crisis or treatment issues and expected outcomes based on medical recordkeeping standards. Documents/charts according to department standards, policy and regulatory and accrediting bodies’ requirements.
Service to Internal and External Customers
• Responsible for responding to queries pertaining to services that can be provided to best meet the needs of the patient.
• Troubleshoots technical issues with telehealth sites.
• Locates and schedules routine and crisis appointments for patients within the established timeframe.
• Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with internal staff, external service providers and other state and county agencies.• Engages in appropriate professional development through continuing education, membership in professional organization and licensure as eligible.
• As requested, participates in nonclinical activities such as committee work, quality improvement teams, performance improvement and grant initiatives.
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
Partners with patient caregiver in care/decision making.
Communicates in a respective manner.
Ensures a safe,secure environment.
Individualizes plan of care to met patient needs.
Modifies clinical interventions based o npopulatio nserved.
Provides patient education based on asassessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
Fulfills all organizational requirements
Completes all required learning relevant to the role
Complies with all relevant laws,regulation and policies
Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree, from an accredited school, in Social Work, Psychology, or closely related discipline
Three or more years’ experience in crisis counseling/situations or clinical therapy
Basic Life Support Certification
Valid Minnesota driver’s license
One of the following licenses in good standing in the State of Minnesota:
Master’s in Social Work
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker;
Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (Doctoral or Master’s)
- One to three years’ leadership experience in a behavioral related field, managed care or call center.
Good working knowledge of electronic health records as well as a comfort level and willingness to utilize computer-based platforms for assessments along with proficiency with computers required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and to quickly switch from one task to another.
Applicants must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license and have access to a car during designated hours
Proof of auto insurance coverage is required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2018-27586
Profession Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
Speciality Behavioral Services
Location Behavioral Healthcare Providers
Hours per 2 weeks 48