Fairview Health Services Activity Assistant in Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Activities Assistant Wanted to join our close knit small team!
Coventry Assisted Living and Memory Care is in the small town of Mahtomedi, MN.
At Coventry Senior Living, we make sure we create meaningful and need based programming for our residents. We have a 48 apartment community in which we do "all inclusive" programming, inviting all residents to all activities throughout the building. Of the 48 apartments, 32 units are Memory Care only, and 16 are Assisted Living and/or Memory Care.
The Activities Assistant assists with the planning and implementation of programming designed to reach all resident leisure/social/pschosocial needs. This position is part-time, currently Monday, Friday, and every other weekend with 6 hours a shift. There is some flexibility with shift time frame, which will be discussed during the interview. (36 hours PPD/0.45 FTE)
Assist as well as lead leisure programs and activities
Assists in meeting the psychosocial needs of residents
Escort residents to programming as needed
Open Communication with Activities Director about resident observations and Activity needs
Other duties as assigned by Activities Director
High School Diploma or GED
One to three years previous experience preferred
Preference given to candidates with previous experience with memory care loss
Must be able to drive a 14 passenger van
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living operator with over 100 years of experience serving older adults. As part of Fairview Health Services, Ebenezer is dedicated to healing, discovering and educating for longer, healthier and more meaningful lives.
Why work for Ebenezer? Ebenezer employees work as a team to provide the highest quality care to those we serve. Our employees don’t work simply to collect a paycheck; they truly work to make a difference in the lives of older adults in their communities. Ebenezer has been consistently recognized as a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune. Here are some of the reasons why:
• Amazing Benefits (up to 16 pd. days off a year!) and competitive pay!
• Communities throughout MN and IA – find a location near you!
• When you work for Ebenezer you are treating the whole person: body, mind and spirit
• Whether you’re on the front lines of resident care or supporting the work of your colleagues, your efforts are recognized and valued at Ebenezer
• Work for a company with core values that align with yours. We have a culture of caring for others and are grounded in our values of Dignity, Integrity, Service, Compassion & Innovation
• A wide variety of career options and opportunities for reinvention. Growth potential within Ebenezer and with our Fairview partners
• An emphasis on work/life balance
• Through training and educational programs including tuition reimbursement. We invest in both the personal and professional development of our employees
Our employees represent the best of who we are and what we are about. We’re always looking for individuals who share our commitment of helping older adults make their lives more independent, healthful, meaningful and secure. We hope you will consider joining Team Ebenezer!
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2019-34288
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date Non-Clinical Support Staff
Community Coventry of Mahtomedi
Hours per 2 weeks 36
Department Recreational Therapy