Fairview Health Services Mental Health Outpatient Clinic Therapist in Princeton, Minnesota
A clinic psychotherapist is co-located in one of 40 Primary Care Clinics and works collaboratively with the medical team within a large academic healthcare system. Clinic Psychotherapists employ evidence-based practices to manage the behavioral health needs of the clinic population. As a specialty mental health provider, our clinic psychotherapists are uniquely suited to support the primary care team and patients through co-located service and a shared electronic health record. We develop innovative care models to support a broad patient population with complex co-morbid medical/behavioral health conditions. We comply with Managed Care requirements for treatment authorizations. Therapists conduct diagnostic assessments, develop individualized treatment plans and provide individual, couples, family and group therapy for all ages. We offer a competitive compensation plan and benefit package.
A successful candidate has the ability to:
- Effectively communicate with other members of the healthcare team
- Demonstrate strong DSM5 diagnostic skills
- Adjust approach to reflect the developmental level and diagnostic presentation of the individual and/or family needs
- Embrace change in a culture of innovation
- Demonstrate understanding and application of evidence based practices
- Work independently and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate effective practice management skills including efficient use of time, communicate with the business office, and plan a structured episode of care
- Complete all required assessment tools and documentation to support initial and on-going managed care authorizations
- Maintain resilience in a fast-paced environment
- Integrate somatic/physical health concerns into behavioral health treatment plan
Masters or Doctoral Degree in Social Work or Psychology
Licensed as LP, LICSW, LPCC or LMFT in the State of Minnesota
2 years post licensure experience
- Child/adolescent and adult experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Requisition ID 2018-23253
Profession Clinical/Direct Patient Care (non-nursing/allied Health)
Speciality Behavioral Services
Location Fairview Clinics-Princeton
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Department Fairview Counseling Centers